Poetry Friday - Cartoon Saving the World

**Caveat, this is not really poetry, I would probably classify it as an unfinished story. But I know it's something that I will never really finish, so I wanted to put it out there in cyber space, because I thought it was kind of cute.**

“Good morning Billy. What are you planning to do today?” His mother asked.

“I am going to save the world.” Billy responded.

“How are you going to save the world, Billy? You are only a cartoon character. You don’t even know anything about the world outside.”

“I don’t know how I’m going to do it, but I know I have to try.” Billy said.

“Why do you want to save the world Billy? What do you think is wrong with the world?” His mother asked.

“The eyes that look at us seem so far away. They look like they need a hug or a smile or a friend.”

“How will you get those things for the world, Billy?”

“I’m not sure. I’m going to play in my room for a little while and try to figure out what to do.”

Billy returned to his room and started drawing. He drew a village with a dozen tiny people. Each of his drawings showed the people playing together, smiling, talking to each other.

He suddenly had an idea. He raced back to the kitchen, where his mother prepared lunch.

“I know how to save the world, Mama.” Billy said.

“What will you do, Billy?” His mother smiled at him.

“I’m going to show them what the world should look like. We’re going to show them what they should be doing.”

“How will you show them? They barely even look at us anymore.”

“I’m going to start with a joke. Everyone loves a good joke.” Billy sat down and put his hand on his chin. “I just have to think of a really great joke.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Saved

Fair Fun

Dave Matthews Band - Live Trax Volume 10